2017 event now over, but don’t miss out on next year - pre-order the brochure here
2017 event highlights:
Highlights from leading developers:
Insights from leading government and regulatory officials:US NRC
North American Utility Perspectives:
2018 Speaker Line Up Due To Be Announced,
But In The Meantime, See Who Shared Insight In 2017:
Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer
Southern Nuclear Operating Company
Chief Commercial Officer
Acting Director – Office of New Reactors
US Nuclear Regulatory Commission
Terrestrial Energy USA
Congressman Randy Weber (R-TX)
United States House of Representatives
- Understand the hurdles associated with taking SMRs and Advanced Reactors through the licensing process so you can be prepared to meet all types of forthcoming regulations for new reactor technology.
- Gain the latest government insight on efforts in supporting the development of both SMRs and Advanced Reactors, enabling you to better understand the legislation supporting new reactor projects.
- Assess the viability of financing SMRs and Advanced Reactors so you can best prepare to mitigate the financial risk tied to nuclear new builds.
- Hear from the leading global designers on their SMR and Advanced Reactor projects allowing you to consider which reactor best suits your commercial strategy.
- Realize the significant cost reduction potential for the construction, operation and maintenance of SMRs and Advanced Reactors which will be essential to remain cost-competitive in the energy market.
- Get to grips with the many potential applications of SMRs and Advanced Reactors, offering alternative revenue streams besides electricity generation and allowing operators to combat fluctuating market prices.
Just some highlights from the International SMR and Advanced Reactor Summit 2017
Executive Level Attendees
Hours of Networking Opportunities
Investor-Vendor Development Workshop
See why top tier industry organizations attended past SMR summits
"A strong focus on non-emitting, reliable, and resilient energy generation is a necessity in planning future energy systems around the world. The SMR Summit provides an excellent venue for interactions among international vendors, utilities, and decision makers that can make the dream of a low-carbon world a future reality. I am excited to be a part of that discussion!"- Shannon Bragg-Sitton, Ph.D., Lead, Nuclear-Renewable Hybrid Energy Systems at Idaho National Laboratory
"I'm greatly looking forward to understanding the opportunities ahead for SMR development at the conference, specifically where U.S. goods and services are featured."- Michael Whalen, VP Structured Finance Division at the Export-Import Bank of the United States
"Indirect costs such as engineering, site preparation, installation and interest during construction dominate the capital cost of new nuclear builds. This workshop promises to explore how SMRs could reduce such costs by changing the deployment paradigm for nuclear power plants."- Jacopo Buongiorno, TEPCO Professor and Associate Department Head, Nuclear Science and Engineering, Director, Center for Advanced Nuclear Energy Systems (CANES) at MIT
"The SMR conference was very informative and covered different levels of stakeholders. Attendance and topics variety were great"- SNC Lavalin
"The event was very informative and worth the trip to Atlanta. I look forward to the opportunity to attend in the future."- EPRI
"The conference was a great use of my time and my company's investment. The diversity of the topics and attendees kept the event engaging and educational. We'll return in the future."- Ellis and Watts
"Great to get various information about the SMR development from a variety of experts"- Korea Hydro and Nuclear Power
"An excellent way of catching up with the state of developments of SMRs in US"- University of Cambridge
Take a Look at Who Attended in 2016:
Delegate Breakdown By Company
Delegate Breakdown By Job Title
If you’d like to get involved, I’d love to hear from you! Please contact me on the details below
Senior Industry Analyst
Nuclear Energy Insider
+44 (0) 20 7375 7537