Achieve a safe and cost effective transition into decommissioning activities; implement the latest regulatory guidance and industry lessons learned
World-leading experts already confirmed to speak from:
Hear keynote presentations on the future of America's energy policy from the likes of the Bipartisan Policy Center to learn how this will affect the nuclear decommissioning, used fuel and waste industries
- Understand the technical, regulatory and personnel challenges involved in shutting an NPP to ensure your decommissioning program transitions smoothly into the next phase of the nuclear life cycle
- Explore new procurement initiatives tackling major technical challenges for Department of Energy facility D&D so you can apply best practice to your own programs
- Discover the latest updates on transportation, packaging and long term storage of SNF, to guarantee you're prepared for final disposal of all levels of waste and used fuel
- Assess international progress on geological disposal, large scale decommissioning and backend supply chain challenges so you can implement an efficient decom strategy
Take a look at the confirmed keynote speakers from across the two days:
Director - Spent Fuel & Decommissioning
Senior Vice President - Back-End Business Group for North America
Deputy Director, Decommissioning and Uranium Recovery Licensing
Nuclear Regulatory Commission
Deputy Manager - Office of River Protection
U.S. Department of Energy Hanford
Site Vice President, Kewaunee
With 40+ expert speakers from the nuclear decommissioning and used fuel space, this is the only meeting place designed to provide you with all the tools and knowledge to complete your decommissioning and used fuel programs on time and budget. Bring your team along to ensure your business can benefit from all the critical information provided across both conference tracks. Group discounts are available! Simply email Siobhan at email@example.com to find out more.
Check out a snapshot of some of the 150+ names already confirmed to attend
- Director, SONGS Decommissioning, SCE/SONGS
- Manager of Projects, Decommissioning Initial Activities, SCE/SONGS
- Project Manager, Rad Waste Disposal, SCE/SONGS
- Decommissioning Consultant, Dominion
- Lead Engineer, Duke Energy
- Decommissioning Specialist, Atomic Energy of Canada Limited
- Manager - Department of Decommissioning, Rosatom
- Director, Nuclear Regulatory Policy, Xcel Energy
- Executive VP Global Projects Group, EnergySolutions
- Vice President - Marketing & Business Development - Nuclear, Bechtel Power Corporation
- Director, Korea Hydro & Nuclear Power Co.
- Vice President – Sales, NAC International
A preview of the brand new features for 2014
- Exclusive Exelon hosted decommissioning panel session with Dominion (Kewaunee), Entergy (VY), ZionSolutions (Zion) and Yankee Atomic
- Two individual tracks dedicated to help you achieve successful decommissioning and used fuel programs
- Keynote plenary session bringing you the latest industry updates to guarantee you plan your forward strategy on current analysis
- 200+ senior level delegates from across the globe from leading utilities, EPCs, OEM, regulators and industry bodies
- New online networking platform to allow you to communicate with delegates, speakers and sponsors prior to the meeting
Nuclear decommissioning hitting an all time high
With 15 US nuclear power plants in DECON or SAFSTOR, plus another 14 due to reach the end of their original design life within the next 10 years, decommissioning and used fuel management are dominating utilities’ and major contractors’ forward strategies.
The NRC calculates that it costs $325m to fully decommission one reactor, however this number is often a vast underestimation thanks to technical challenges, difficulties with decommissioning cost estimates and managing personnel changes. Combine this with costs to store fuel onsite, and the end of the nuclear life cycle can be an expensive project if finances are not strictly controlled.
Click on the maps below to take a look at where US decommissioning plants and ISFSIs are located:
Click here to view large version
Click here to view large version
Make sure you take away all the latest industry lessons learned from key organizations planning for and undertaking major decommissioning and used fuel projects. With 250+ of the world's top industry experts gathering in October from the likes of Exelon, Duke, PG&E, Dominion, Entergy, ZionSolutions, the NRC, Department of Energy, AREVA, GE Hitachi, AMEC, CB&I and many more, this is the only meeting that will help you to structure your decommissioning and used fuel strategies based on the latest expert insight.
Group discounts now available!
With a 2 day agenda packed full with all the latest decommissioning, used fuel and waste management insight from across the commercial and federal nuclear spaces, make sure your organization is making the most of all the opportunities at 2014's only meeting place to address all these major industry issues.
Over 250 senior executives from across the global nuclear industry will be in attendance. For that very reason, we are pleased to announce that group discounts are available. You can bring your team to benefit from the networking, learning and exhibition areas.
To find out more simply email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Toll Free +1 800 814 3459 + Ext: 7512
Senior Industry Analyst
Nuclear Energy Insider
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7375 7512
US Toll Free: +1 800 814 3459 + Ext: 7512