Develop a full SMR strategy that supports the commercial deployment of advanced reactor programs throughout the USA and beyond
This is the largest global meeting point for the SMR community and the only place to build the vital new partnerships required to move commercial small and advanced reactor programs forward
- Analyze the developments in the NRC framework to see how to navigate new and forming regulations
- See the business case for SMRs and understand the potential market applications that can use this new technology
- Access exclusive SWOT analysis from LWR & advanced reactor designs to see which best suits your energy requirements and demands
- Gain business critical deployment forecasts from key buyers across the US and beyond to best plan your business strategy
- Hear new government action that supports demonstration projects and installs an industrial foundation for global export
Download the full brochure here and receive the full speaker line up, detailed agenda and registration discounts!
An outstanding event offering the opportunity to promote the nuclear industry and specifically the benefit of Small Modular Reactors
Pete Harden, VP, Westinghouse
BRAND NEW FEATURES FOR 2013
In the past 12 months the rate of SMR development has rapidly increased with the first SMR licence being granted in South Korea, B&W and TVA being granted the first winner of the Licensing Technical Support Program and more utility support progressing throughout the globe. The 3rd Annual SMR Conference provides you with the most important information that will drive the small and advanced reactor community forward from 2013, including:
- Exclusive utility panel session featuring TVA, Dominion, SCE&G and many more so you know the exact needs and requirements of the SMR end user
- Detailed forecast of fossil and nuclear plant retirement and the utility view of replacing these facilities with SMRs
- Full NRC update detailing how design specific review standards and licence fee amendments will combine to drive forward economic SMR programs
- Details from senior DOE representatives to outline further funding opportunities for both LWR SMRs and new funding streams for advanced technologies
For more information download the full conference brochure here
2013 CONFERENCE OVERVIEW
Conference Day 1
Conference Day 2
For a full breakdown of the conference agenda and speaker line up PLUS information on discounts and booking details click here
"Timely and relevant information with great speakers"
Mark Peres, Executive Project Director, Fluor
Since running the first Small Modular Reactor Conference in 2011 we have attracted over 650 key industry figures to the US, representing all of the leading stakeholders involved in global SMR development including:
|Ameren||AREVA||Bechtel Power Corporation||American Nuclear Society||Argonne National Laboratory|
|China National Nuclear Corporation||B&W Nuclear Energy||Black & Veatch||Carolinas Nuclear Cluster||Idaho National Laboratory|
|Dominion||DCNS||CB&I||Department of Energy||Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory|
|DTE Energy||Gen4Energy||DOOSAN||House of Representatives||Sandia National Laboratories|
|Duke Energy||General Atomics||Fluor Nuclear Power||IAEA||Savannah River National Laboratory|
|EDF||General Dynamics Electric Boat||Day & Zimmermann||Nuclear Energy Institute||Oak Ridge National Laboratory|
|Emirates Nuclear Energy Corporation||Hitachi GE Nuclear Energy||Parsons||U.S. Army|
|Entergy||Holtec International||Shaw||U.S. NRC|
|Eskom||INVAP S.E.||Zachry Nuclear Engineering|
|Exelon Generation||Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute|
|KoKHNP||Westinghouse Electric Company|
|Tennessee Valley Authority|
|TOTAL Gas and Power|
Get a full breakdown of the confirmed delegates for 2012 here and find out who you could be networking with at this year's Small Modular Reactor Conference!
A must-do conference for those interested in learning about this very promising technology
Duane Olcsvary, Director of Supply Chain, TVA
WHY SMR? WHY 2013?
2013 is the year which will demonstrate the commercial values of SMR technology - as well as having international government support, a defined fiscal infrastructure and forward schedules for licensing and deployment. In the past 12 months alone
- KINS licenced the S.M.A.R.T. reactor and KAERI have publicised their readiness for international export
- In November 2012 TVA and B&W were awarded the US Department of Energy's Licensing Technical Support Program which will greatly accelerate progress at the clinch river site
- EPA regulations set to remove up to 20% of the existing US coal plants resulting in the expanding business case for SMRs from 2013
- New Department of Energy funding stages for LWR Development and new funding streams for small advanced reactors
- New NRC guidelines allowing economical licensing fees and design specific standards to accelerate SMR development
- More non-traditional nuclear markets including mines, steel mills, military bases, oil and gas programs, municipalities, heavy engineering sectors and many more seriously considering SMRs
As a result of this market activity the 3rd Annual Small Modular Reactor Conference 2013 is the most important event for any contractor with ambitions to win business over the crucial next few years and to secure their place in this lucrative market. This is because it is the only conference to bring the major stakeholders from the global SMR community to one location to discuss and provide solutions to the barriers to new small and advanced reactor programs.
Download the brochure now to find out more about the conference and the value for your company.
NEW FOR 2013 - TOURS AND SITE BRIEFINGS!
Following the huge success of the 2012 SMR conference, Nuclear Energy Insider will be offering delegates the chance to visit Southern Company’s Plant Vogtle construction site, the Savannah River Site, and SCE&G's construction site at VC Summer in South Carolina.
These exclusive Nuclear Industry Tours and Site Briefings are led by our partner, Linton Consulting. They have been a consistently popular element of this conference as delegates seek to grow their industry knowledge and experience by viewing and experiencing the U.S. Nuclear Renaissance first hand.
By attending the site briefings and technical tours of your choice, you will have the opportunity to see the construction and industry progress, hear status briefings and participate in question and answer sessions. Visits include:
- Drive-by tours of Plant Vogtle including Construction and Operating Plants; Visit to Reactor Simulator / Training Center with briefings
- Drive-by tour of various Savannah River Site Facilities including the MOX construction site; briefings on SRS programs and vision
- A drive-by of the Operating VC Summer Unit 1; Views and status of construction progress for new units 2 & 3
To learn more about the SMR conference download the conference brochure here and you'll also gain access to exclusive discounts and full conference details.
Linton Consulting is arranging these exclusive tours for April 15 and April 18. To learn more about the tours, or to register, contact Bill@LintonConsulting.com or call 864-901-5398.
Head of Sector | Nuclear Energy Insider
T: +44 (0) 20 7375 7176 | M: +44 (0) 777 1391 566
Toll Free: (US) +1 800 814 3459 + Ext: 7176